Re: [docbook-apps] Re: DocBook XSL 1.67.0 released

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Norman Walsh wrote:

> That is the question. I don't know what the right answer is, but here's
> my current thinking:
>
> 1. Define a parameter that contains default content for a style
>    element in the head.
> 2. Define a parameter that contains user-specified content for a
>    style element in the head, initially empty.
> 3. If the user specifies an external CSS stylesheet or
>    user-specified content for the style element, use that. Otherwise
>    use the default content.

That sounds reasonable. I'd add some mechanism whereby a user can
specify an external stylesheet as an addition to, not a replacement
for, the standard styles.

It'd also be nice if there were an easy way to generate a copy of the
standard styles. That way, we could redirect it to a file to

a) see what stuff ought to be defined in a user-specific stylesheet

b) make it easy to revise the defaults

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein@madboa.com>