Re: [docbook-apps] Re: DocBook XSL 1.67.0 released

Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org> writes:

> > * Michael Smith <fzvgu@kzy-qbp.bet> [2004-11-10 05:56:16 +0900]:
> >
> >   * Deprecated the HTML shade.verbatim parameter (use CSS instead)
>
> something else has changed too, namely <table> frame around the verbatim
> elements was removed, which broke some things:

I responded and closed out the bug report submitted for this, but
for the record here, please note that verbatim formatting is _not_
broken in any way by any change made in v1.67.0

Before 1.6.7.0, the table frame around verbatim elements was (I
think) only inserted if you had shade.verbatim set to 1. If you
didn't have shade.verbatim set previously, then you were getting
the same formatting that v.1.67.0 generates.

But if you _were_ using shade.verbatim previously and you were
in some way relying on programlisting output getting wrapped in a
table (for alignment purposes or whatever), then you will need to
revise your CSS stylsheets to adjust for the fact that the table
wrapper is now gone.

For example, you may find that you need to do the following to
prevent programlisting output from getting centered under certain
circumstances -

  pre.programlisting {
    text-align: left;
  }