Re: [docbook-apps] Table Caption

Tristan Fiedler wrote:

You can set the formal.title.placement param to render the title *after* the table. See http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/FormalTitles.html

** Also, how can I turn off the automatic table title (?) which appears above the table in both PDF and HTML output?

Use informaltable instead of table.

Could others please comment on how to best have :

a1 a2 a3 a4

b1 b2 b3 b4

c1 c2 c3 c4

Table 6 : The table above simply shows rows an columns

Here's one way:

  <informaltable colsep="0" frame="none" rowsep="0">
    <tgroup cols="4">
      <tbody>
        <row>
          <entry>a1</entry>
          <entry>a2</entry>
          <entry>a3</entry>
          <entry>a4</entry>
        </row>
        <row>
          <entry>b1</entry>
          <entry>b2</entry>
          <entry>b3</entry>
          <entry>b4</entry>
        </row>
        <row>
          <entry>c1</entry>
          <entry>c2</entry>
          <entry>c3</entry>
          <entry>c4</entry>
        </row>
        <row>
          <entry>d1</entry>
          <entry>d2</entry>
          <entry>d3</entry>
          <entry>d4</entry>
        </row>
      </tbody>
    </tgroup>
  </informaltable>

-----------------------------
I currently have the following :

<tgroup cols="4">
<tbody>

<row>
<entry>a1</entry>
<entry>a2</entry>
<entry>a3</entry>
<entry>a4</entry>
</row>

<row>
<entry>b1</entry>
<entry>b2</entry>
<entry>b3</entry>
<entry>b4</entry>
</row>

<row>
<entry>c1</entry>
<entry>c2</entry>
<entry>c3</entry>
<entry>c4</entry>
</row>

</tbody>

</tgroup>

<para> Table 6 : The table above simply shows rows an columns</para>

Cheers,

Tristan
Tristan J. Fiedler
Postdoctoral Fellow - Stein Lab