Re: [docbook-apps] OT: XSL import precedence

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 17:15 +0100, Michael Wiedmann wrote:

> My question now is, whether the behaviour of the _newer_ xsltproc
> version is conformant to the W3C Recommendation "XSL Transformations
> (XSLT) 16 November 1999" XSL Transformations (XSLT) Version 1.0?

>From memory, the processor has the option to report the duplication,
or to use the last.

xslt para 5.5

It is an error if this leaves more than one matching template rule. An
XSLT processor may signal the error; if it does not signal the error, it
must recover by choosing, from amongst the matching template rules that
are left, the one that occurs last in the stylesheet.

I.e. the processor has the option.

HTH DaveP