[docbook-apps] Aligning TeX-formulas included as EPS or PNG

Hello,

I'd like to align formulas included as inlinemediaobjects vertically with the line of the surrounding text. E.g. formulas with subscript get misaligned to the top.

How could I do this? Is there some automatism, like a script that would do this for me?

best regards Steffen