[docbook-apps] Re: page-specific footer for chunked output

> * Bob Stayton <obof@fntruvyy.arg> [2005-02-04 14:50:32 -0800]:
>
> I still can't duplicate the problem you were seeing.  When I set
> use.id.as.filename=1 and don't change root.filename, and I have an id
> on the book element, I get the TOC file named index.html and all links
> to it say index.html and they work. That is what it is supposed to do.

yes, indeed this is the case.

unfortunately, not all is well: olinks are broken:

in a separate document,

   <olink targetdoc="impnotes" targetptr="impnotes-top"/>

is rendered as

and there is no file "impnotes-top.html", only "index.html".

> The only time use.id.as.filename setting has an effect on the root
> element's chunk filename is when the root.filename parameter is
> explicitly set to an empty string.  Then it will fall back to the id
> value if there is one, or generate one if there is no id. But in all
> cases, the links agree with the filename and work.  I can't find any
> combination of parameters and id values that makes the root filename
> and the link references different from each other.  Do you still have
> the version of the customization that did that?

no, sorry.

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
.sigs are like your face - rarely seen by you and uglier than you think