Re: [docbook-apps] Keeping elements together

Zbyszek Cybulski wrote:

Well, it's not the case since they provide the XSL Utility which is able to generate HTML, RTF, and PDF. So, there must be something underneath. I don't know what it is and have no time to investigate but it worked. My question is: Does this toolset generate professional quality output? Is it worth investing money?

From XSL Utility page:

XSL Utility is a graphical tool that was designed to make evaluation of XFC easier. It can be used to convert XML documents to RTF, WML and other formats such as PostScript and PDF. (For output formats other than RTF and WML, XSL Utility relies on Open Source components.) XSL Utility includes:
Norman Walsh's XSL stylesheets for DocBook, Simplified DocBook and Slides
Michael Kay's Saxon XSLT engine
Apache FOP FO processor

So it means that XSL Utility is a just wrapper for FOP FO processor if you are inetersted in PDF output. Unfortunately outupt from FOP can't be considered as of professional quality (OK it depends on your definition of professional quality, but in my definition FOP isn't here yet).

Jirka