Re: [docbook-apps] java 1.5 and xsltc and endorsed stuff.

From: "David Tolpin" <dvd@davidashen.net>
The problem arises when it is called through JAXP — it then uses what javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory returns, and the TransformerFactory itself is, naturally, the first one found in CLASSPATH.

How to put Xalan's or Saxon's (6.5.3) TransformerFactory before the built-in xsltc, I don't know.

I did convince Java 1.5 to use a replacement xalan.jar file by placing it in $JRE_HOME/lib/endorsed. (I had to create the 'endorsed' directory.)

Another way to override the default behavior is to use a tool like Ant that lets you specify the classpath it should use to find the XSLT processor. After some false starts, the Ant xslt (or style) task is working when told to use saxon.jar or xalan.jar. This method probably involves a custom ClassLoader, though I haven't looked at the Ant source code to confirm.

--
Wendy Smoak