Re: [docbook-apps] HTML to Docbook

Hello Thomas,

I developed a html2db tool as part of my DocBook Doclet suite (http://www.dbdoclet.org).

Of course it can not work wonders. Transformation of HTML to DocBook is problematic
regarding the usage of tags for layout purposes, e.g. tables, font or br. html2db is able to
suppress tables to address at least one of these problems. If your HTML doesn't consit of mainly
"designer" HTML and is quite valid you can give dbdoclet a try.

Regards
Michael

Thomas Jones schrieb:

Does anyone know of a utility to convert HTML to Docbook?

I found a few mentioned utilities via google but none are available, and/or have not been maintained since 2000.

I thought of building a stylesheet; but what an undertaking!
;)

Thanks,
Thomas