Re: [docbook-apps] Parameter refentry.pagebreak makes no effect?

Hi Bob,

On Sunday 10 April 2005 04:24, Bob Stayton wrote:
> The stylesheet has some interesting logic regarding refentry when
> inside a reference (or part) element.  It creates a title page for the
> reference element, but that is all it puts in that page sequence.  Each
> refentry in the reference element starts a new page sequence.  That is
> done because only a page sequence can start on an odd-numbered page,
> which is a common style for manual pages.  The refentry.pagebreak
> parameter doesn't affect this logic, and so it is only useful when
> refentry appears inside something other than a reference or part
> element.

Ah, now this makes sense. The doc of this parameter is a bit
misleading. :)
The pagebreak makes sense, if you have enough text. On the other side, if
there are only some brief explanations inside a refentry, you get lots of
unfilled space which looks awful (apart from it's a waste of pages).

> I consider this is a bug, since the expectation is that the parameter
> should join the refentries together.  The parameter needs to be applied
> earlier in the template, to create a single page sequence for the
> reference element so that the individual refentry elements are not in
> their individual page-sequences.
>
> Can you file a bug report on this on the DocBook SourceForge site?

Sure, see #1180078.

Thanks,
Tom

--