[docbook-apps] which XSLT processor?

 hi,

 I'm developping a .net application in which I'd like to transform
data the following way:

 MyXMLDialect -> Docbook -> FO -> PDF

 In the first two steps I'd be using a XSLT processor and for the last
one I'd be using nFOP (a port of apache's FOP to J#).

 The first choice as a XSLT processor would be .NETs own namespace,
but I get quite a few errors when using Docbook's open repository
stylesheets with it. Googling for that issue it seems i'm not the only
one with this problem. I also tried Saxon.NET (also a J# port) but the
versions I tried don't seem to work well with the Docbook stylesheets.

 Another possibility would be to invoke external applications, like
msxml or the java version of saxon, but I'd rather not depend of
either MSXML or Java being installed on the target computers. (I don't
mind the need for J# though, I already need it for nFOP and I don't
think I can do much better when it comes to a XSL-FO processor)

 Any recommendations as which XSLTProcessor would be most suited?

 thanks in advance,