RE: DocBook/XML exporting from Frame

> I'm new to DocBook and Framemaker and am attempting to learn how to get
> valid structured frame documents to XML w/o errors.  Currently I get
> allot of this type of error and was wondering if someone could shed some
> light on what it means and possibly how I could correct it:
>
> Error at file
> C:\..\Adobe\FrameMaker7.1\structure\xml\xdocbook\app\dbpoolx.mod, line
> 691, char 36, Message: Element types cannot be duplicated in Mixed
> Content models.
>
> I get 2 pages of those kind of errors.
>
> Another Question I have is my version of docbookx.dtd is "DocBk XML
> V3.1.7 DTD"
> Isn't that out-of-date and how can I upgrade to a newer copy in Frame.
> I have made attempts but I end up getting errors from working with
> simple valid structured frame documents.

In your FrameMaker installation in the OnlineManuals directory, you should have
a document named "Structure Application Developer's Guide Online Manual." That
document and another one in the same directory named "Using the DocBook Starter
Kit Online Manual" are supposed to give you what you need.

The process for installing a more recent DocBook XML DTD and converting it to a
FrameMaker EDD is simple, mostly point-and-click. It looks like the details are
on page 77, in the "Creating or updating an EDD from a DTD" section, but you
will probably want to study more than just that section.

Once you have the DocBook XML 4.4 DTD converted to an EDD, you can try out a
downloadable Structured FrameMaker 7.1 DocBook XML 4.4 Project at:

http://www.getnet.net/~swhitlat/DocBook/docbook_section.html

Good luck,

Steve Whitlatch