[docbook-apps] Separating Numbers and Titles

Hi,

there are a number of parameters or attribute sets in the FO stylesheets
which can modify the appearance of, lets say, section titles. This is
very effective if you need a different font size or something similar.

With the help of parameters / attribute sets you can't change the
appearance. The default looks like this:

  9.3  A very long section title
  wrapping to second line of title

I would like to have it this way:

  9.3  A very long section title
       wrapping to second line of title

As far as I can see, a solution would be to separate the section number
from the title and put it into a list or invisible table. I know there is
the template "gentext.template" which can extract the respective objects
from the l10n files. Unfortunatly the numbers are dependend of the
section level, so sometimes a list/table is needed and sometimes not.

Does anybody know of a better solution? I would prefer a method that is
very general and it is independent of any language. :)

Thanks,
Tom

--
Thomas Schraitle <tom_schr@web.de>