Re: [docbook-apps] Simpler XHTML output

Bob,

I would love to take on this task of specify how the XHTML should look
like, as long as I can get a little bit of help along the way. Since I
am not a "technical user" of DocBook (for example, I would never have
a need for a calloutlist), I would also need a XML Docbook file that
has an example of all the potential outputs.

To answer Larry's questions about what I mean by simpler, I certainly
would like tables-less layout (in the header for example) as well as
the cleanest code possible. I admit, I am a bit of a web standards
purist. For example, the extra DIVs around a UL tags ARE indeed a
hindrance, since it's an extra hassle styling wise. It makes it much
more difficult if not impossible in some browsers, to have a list be
displayed inline within a paragraph. A DIV around a UL tag is not
necessary, since a UL tag is already a block element. Also, anchors
tags currently surround a heading tag, which makes the entire
paragraph act as link, when ideally it should be place at the
beginning. These are just two simple example of how the code could be
simpler and more effective.

As for creating a default CSS file, I do believe that I am up to the
task if that is what is required, as well as creating accompanying
graphics. The CSS, of course, would be well commented so that others
could work their way around the file.

Sincerely,
Rene