Re: [docbook-apps] Simpler XHTML output

Dave,

> > I guess I thought the goal of this project was to create an XHTML that could
> > be completely controlled by a CSS.
> That would be a considered option Bob. Not one for me, but I guess some
> people would like to present content in a visually attractive manner.
> Rene? What do you think about that?

Guess it depends on people's preference. When I build a website, I try
to keep the DIV or SPAN tags to a minimum. I think of an ideal Docbook
XHTML output to be the same. In the main content area, the title tags
serve as enough separation, without it being further enclosed in extra
DIVs. Yes, you could probably do something "extra" with more DIVs, but
the effort is just not worth it.

Question is: does anyone ever really use all those extra DIVs? Here
and there maybe, but all of them? I have seen big DocBook XHTML/HMTL
files out there, but in terms of styling there is nothing that I have
seen so far that really utilize those DIVs. So to me the preference is
something simpler, that may have slightly less possibilities, but will
be very, very nice and easy to style via CSS.

Thanks,
Rene