Re: [docbook-apps] Why put a section's anchor in its title?

John L. Clark wrote:

Will this enhancement also be merged into the XSLT 1.0 version of the
stylesheets?

I don't know. If someone from stylesheet developres will have time to implement this time-consuming change, why not. But I don't think that it is worth doing.

> What is the maintenance plan for that software?

If you mean XSLT 1.0 version of stylesheets I suppose that they will be extended and maintained for years from now. I don't expect that world will shoft XSLT 2.0 over night.

HTML output is basically working, but not all features (especially parameters) from the current stylesheets are backported yet.

Do you mean forward-ported? :)

Well, it depends on the point of view :-D

It looks like XSLT 2.0 is still in Working Draft status, so I'd imagine
that this module is experimental for the time being.  Are we pretty much
restricted to Saxon for XSLT 2.0 support for the time being?

Yes, XSLT 2.0 stylesheets are far from the status when they could replace XSLT 1.0 based ones. But due to new XSLT 2.0 features a lot of things is easier to implement in XSLT 2.0. Stylesheets will not be forced to use external extensions to do some more advanced task, everything could be written in pure XSLT 2.0. Moreover many advanced features (like profiling or internationalized indexing) are part of standard stylesheets so there is no need to maintaing several code branches in parallel. Norm is the right person, who could elaborate more on this topic. You wil find some more information in essays on norman.walsh.name.

Currently Saxon 8.4 is needed to run stylesheets. There is also XSLT processor from Altova but I suppose thet it's not in shape with the latest XSLT2.0 working drafts from April.