[docbook-apps] Re: Docbook production / catalogs with Subversion?

Larry,

>I'm assuming this was supposed to go to the whole list and you just
hit
>reply by accident.  I do that often myself with lists that are
>misconfigured to not set the Reply-To field. :-)  (Not to start that
>flame war up again, really...)

Yup, it was supposed to go to the whole list (or so I thought...)

>Anyway, first off Subversion != CVS.  Similar, but not the same
program.
>  In this case, though, it shouldn't be a huge difference.

Yup, I'm clear on the difference... I figured the gotchas would be the
same for either app (as they are similar)

>As far as I know, however, the entire source tree for the project
needs
>to be available and parsable when you run the XSL scripts.  You can't

>grab part of it, stop, download the rest, and then continue.  (Well,
if
>the Xinclude links point to an http URL I guess you could, but that
>would be very slow.)  However you're getting those files, they should

>all be on your local disk and accessible before you start the XSL
>script.  I don't know why you'd need "faux XInclude" paths for
anything.
>It sounds like you're making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Wouldn't be the first time I've made something more complicated than it
needs to be!  :-)
The 'faux' XInclude processing is just something I use beacause some of
the tools I use (xmlMind XML editor, Oxygen XML/XSL editor) have
different ideas about what XInclude processing is, so I rolled my own
(for now).

So thanks for the reality check - I will put all the files (XML + XSL)
in as one repository, and try to keep it simple...

Thanks again,

Chris

Chris Johnson wrote:
> Larry,
>
> You're probably not understanding the problem correctly because I'm
not
> articulating it correctly.  ; )
>
> I guess I'm having some trouble envisiging possible scenarios
because
> I'm new to CVS:
>
>  A. (what I think you have suggested)
>
>   1. Ant calls svn to check out the *entire* project to temp dir.
This

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

it
to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
possession of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of

it."  -- Thomas Jefferson

Chris Johnson

Web Developer
Capilano College