Re: cvs tag release-19990824

Awesome!

Perhaps this is premature, but I'm having problems with pdfjadetex--I
increased the stack sizes in texmf.conf per an old posting regarding
jadetex (plus I had to add a little more to param_size.pdfjadetex and
stack_size.pdfjadetex--See the diff vs. the "virgin" texmf.cnf at the
end of this message).

However, when I set param_size.pdfjadetex > 6000, db2pdf is still
bombing with "TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [parameter stack
size=6000]."  I am not a TeX whiz--is that value being cropped due to
some other parameter? (the settings I used are listed in the diff at the
end)

Future docbook-tools wishes that I have:

1) db2X support for ugly "8.3" names eg. "*.sgm" works as well as
"*.sgml"--when I have the time, I may come up with a patch for that
2) Support to use TeX other than tetex if desired via the PATH variable
or some other mechanism, eg. I have TL4 installed, but I'm not sure
what's involved in getting the db2X scripts to use that TeX instead of
tetex--may be another simple patch

I also have a stupid db q to throw in here:  I need to make the body of
a "book" double-spaced--I just copied cygnus-both.dsl and doubled
%line-spacing-factor% to 2.6 with the line:

;; increase the line-spacing-factor for double-space
(define %line-spacing-factor% 2.6)

However, I have an informaltable within the book, and that also gets
double spaced and it looks, frankly, stupid.  Is there anything I can do
about this and still maintain the continuity of chapter and page
numbers?  I read something in the DSSSL Cookbook v2 about "flexible
spacing" via mucking with "min-leading" but I don't quite grep the
concept of what I would need to do in the actual markup to take
advantage of it.

If this message doesn't spawn some "unsubscribe" messages posted to the
list, I don't know what will ;->

[root@mystery web2c]# rcsdiff -r1.1 -r1.3 texmf.cnf
RCS file: RCS/texmf.cnf,v
retrieving revision 1.1