Re: installation of psgml

    dbr> Hello, I would like to install the rpm psgml, and psgml tell
    dbr> me that emacs is not installed :-); of course I use xemacs
    dbr> ;-))). I would like to do a rpm --install --nodeps, but will
    dbr> it works ??

I expect that it will work, but you will then have to glue things
together a bit:

The psgml package should install in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp.  It
then also creates a psgml-init.el file, and patches site-start.el to
invoke that.

I recommend that:

1. You patch xemacs's equivalent startup file with (load
   "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psgml-init.el"), or just put it in your
   personal .emacs file.

2. You install the standard emacs package (there's no reason not to)
   to get the installation to work cleanly.  You can probably get away
   with not doing this, since emacs is not invoked, but I'm not 100%
   sure.

By the way, do you have xemacs installed as an RPM?  If so, I would be
eager to get the psgml.spec file to work with both emacs and xemacs.
I'm not sure if it can be done with a single spec file or if we need
separate packages.

Anyone want to help on this supporting of both packages?