Re: how to: variable

    dbr> Hello, Imagine that you have a <para> where I talk about a
    dbr> part of my code.  In this description I would like to use
    dbr> some variables I have in my code. What is the docbook element
    dbr> I must use ? I was thinking it was <parameter> but apparently
    dbr> it's for the parameters of a function; here it's a variable
    dbr> only.

    Mark> I use <parameter> too, but I'm open to suggestions.  In
    Mark> fact, I should probably raise this on the davenport list and
    Mark> hear Norm's final word on it!

Norm answered quickly, embarassing me a bit by saying to use
<varname>, which in retrospect is quite obvious.