Re: LyX 1.0.4

On 19 Oct 1999, Mark Galassi wrote:

>     Andreas> Hi!  I've just wondered if anyone has already used the
>     Andreas> DocBook support in LyX 1.0.4? (I have some troubles to
>     Andreas> make LyX discover that I DO have installed the docbook
>     Andreas> tools. :( )
>
> I haven't tried that.  I am glad to hear that LyX is supporting
> DocBook now, although I vaguely remember that LyX is not free because
> it uses Xforms or some other non-free library.
Well, that applies to LyX 1.0, the developlement version is moving to be
frontend independent and a GTK frontend implementation. So this might be a
problem in the short term, but in the long term this will be solved by the
LyX developers themselves.

> The problem might be the path of the catalog file.  You *might* get
> around this by either (a) setting the environment variable that LyX
> uses to find the catalog to /usr/lib/sgml/CATALOG, or (b) figuring out
> where sgml-tools puts the catalog (maybe in /etc/sgml/...) and kluding
> a symlink of /usr/lib/sgml/CATALOG to that location.
Well, that sounds like some fun stracing ;)

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka                     | andreas@mtg.co.at
phone: +43/1/7070750                 | phone: +43/676/4091256