Re: [David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>] Re: PDFJadeTeX Memory problems

On Fri, Oct 29, 1999 at 10:06:51AM -0600, Mark Galassi thoughtfully expounded:

> Amigos, this is an interesting note for people to try.  I know that on
> this list people have been saying "I can get jadetex to work with the
> size patches, but I can't get pdfjadetex going".
>
> This might be a clue.  Does anyone want to try it out?

Forwarded message about increasing logging detail snipped.

As others have posted to various TeX NG's, this has almost certainly been a
recursion problem, particularly centering around what looks to me to be a
problem with lduseb@x:

! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [parameter stack size=6000].
\@lduseb@x #1->
               \@lduseb@x {#1}\set@color
l.3690 {0}}1. \endLineField
                           {}Use \Node%
If you really absolutely need more capacity,
you can ask a wizard to enlarge me.

I got the newest jadtex source from http://tug.org/applications/jadetex/ and
rebuilt the jadetex and pdfjadetex fmt's.  This worked fine!  Just wanted to
let you know.

--
Tom Porter                                       txporter@mindspring.com
"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament],