DocBookTools INSTALL file.

Hi DocBook peoples,

I have just joined this mailing list and have downloaded all the DocBook
source archives from the SOURCES directory.  I am running an old
slackware distribution on a 486.  It is not a an RPM based system so I
need to to compile and install all the tools.  There is no manual
INSTALL file to tell me what to do so I guess I'll just have to wing
it.  If anyone has got any tips or suggestions then I would appreciate
it.  I've printed the tutorial and it has an installation section which
basically says to use "rpm --install" on all the rpm files (Doh !!).

Can anyone tell me where these packages are supposed to live on the
filesystem (eg. /usr/local/docbook).

Do they all live it the same place or does each package live in its own
seperate directory.  (eg. /usr/local/jade, /usr/local/jadetex,
/usr/local/docbook, ...)

Please advise.  An INSTALL file for RPM and non RPM based systems would
be nice.  If no one is prepared to write one than I could whip something
together and post it to the list.

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.