Re: tables

/ madhu <b_maddy_016@yahoo.com> was heard to say:
| is it possible to have background color for the table ,i mean only for the
| table part in a document not for the whole page
| with "-//OASIS/DTD DocBook ver 3.1 //EN " -- i assume it uses its own
| stylesheet (defualt)please correct me on this ,if i am wrong
|  now if change or add my own style sheet this means it is no more DocBook ver
| am i correct

A document is DocBook V3.1 if it conforms to that DTD, the
stylesheet(s) that you use have no impact on the document
type. The DSSSL and XSL stylesheets that I've written for
DocBook can both be extended to provide backgrounds for
tables. See http://nwalsh.com/docbook/{dsssl|xsl} for more
details.

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm