Re: tables

hi
On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, you wrote:

> A document is DocBook V3.1 if it conforms to that DTD, the
> stylesheet(s) that you use have no impact on the document
> type. The DSSSL and XSL stylesheets that I've written for
> DocBook can both be extended to provide backgrounds for
> tables. See http://nwalsh.com/docbook/{dsssl|xsl} for more
> details.
>
>                                         Cheers,
>                                           norm

thank you norman.G.Orwell must be considering himself lucky in his grave ,he
didn't have to deal with abbrev/acronyms . ;-)
now i guess you are referring to db149.zip and subsequently db150.zip when you
point  to
>See http://nwalsh.com/docbook/{dsssl|xsl} for more
> details.
i have downloaded both(not that stupid to think they are seperate things but
db150 is an upgrade to db149)
 but i reallly have got stumped , after i unzip it ,
what  do i do,put it in my /usr/lib/sgml before i get to use it
it is mentions under Manifest
doc/ contains instllation and referance documention
no such thing but then i remember seing on your website that this is is seperate
are you referring to "html/ contains the HTML stylesheet (for use with -t sgml)"
but then i use the script db2html it is very convenient =)
do i need to hack into this script , i am not good at such things yet

i have tried using your
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC
       "+//IDN nwalsh.com//DTD DocBook DSSSL Architecture V1.0//EN" [
do i still have to use stylesheets
i know onething for sure that  i am terribly confused ,my apologies  if  i am
confusing you in the process
i guess it is time for you and mark to overhaul Docbook tutorial ;-)
any help?
thank you once again
regards

 --