A slight problem with collateindex.pl...

Hello all,

    We're currently using collateindex.pl to produce indexes for the HTML
versions of our DocBook documents.  However I found a slight problem, and
was wondering if anyone has seen (and hopefully fixed) it:

    One of our documents uses the convention of describing command formats
in this manner:

                              foo -n <string>

Where -- in actual use -- <string> is meant to be replaced with a string of
some sort.  Likewise, if we were to document the "ls" command, we might
write it like this:

                                 ls <file>

We use &lt; and &gt; to represent the angle brackets, and wrap the whole
thing in something like <replaceable>.  So far so good.  We then might use
this convention in a section's title, so it says something like:

              -n <string> -- Use <string> as the default name

(Of course, in our source document, we use &lt; and &gt;)

Still with me?  Ok, here is where things go wrong.  Let's say that I have
an <indexterm> that points to this section.  The index will then include
the text from the <indexterm>, and include a link to the section, using the
section's title as the link text.  Unfortunately, when the index SGML is
generated, the &lt; and &gt; get replaced with "<" and ">".  Then when jade
is re-run, it gets very unhappy at all these <string> tags sprinkled
throughout the index...

Has anyone run into this and either know of a fix or a workaround?

                            Thanks,

                                Ed
--
Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/