Re: DocBook to LaTex?

Jochem Huhmann wrote:

> > > ftp://ftp.sol.no/public/users/v/vigu/sgml/dtd/docbook/docbk2latex.pl
> It's no more there, yes. And I don't have a copy of it either. This
> script was quite primitive btw, everyone with a scriptable parser (perl,
> python, tcl...)  and some knowlegde of DocBook and LaTeX should be able
> to write a script that converts a given instance of (a subset of)
> DocBook.

So what would be the "design" of such a script? I can think of some
regexps, but maybe it's not the best way (I never manipulated any XML
parser)

>And I'm quite sure that a lot of people have written such
> throw-away scripts.

Then people please tell us about - or throw us - yours! :-)

>The hard part is covering *all* DocBook markup in a
> meaningful way and building LaTeX constructs from this which make
> typographically sense. But I would like to see at least a extensible
> framework to do such a conversion too.

I can spend some little time on this, if we and others wanna join.

Jade and JadeTex are definitely not my cup of tea...

Regards,

-Sylvan
Sylvan Ravinet - Contact information:
http://www.ravinet.com/contact-info.html