Re: Evolution of the DocBook tools

Jorge Godoy wrote:

> If we don't accept merging catalogs, we ar going to allow users
> specifying catalog at the command line. He (the user) will have to

I didn't say "not accept to merge catalogs", but I said "accept not to
merge catalogs" ;-)

> say:
>
> - Where's jade/openjade stylesheets
> - Where's DocBook stylesheets
> - Where is/are his customized stylesheets.

No. The user has the choice to have a merged CATALOG file, or not to
have one. If he hasn't, the db2html script tries to use the "standard"
places, which are defined by the directory layout we are discussing. I
tell you, my scripts are quite intelligent ;-)

(BTW, The user can also use --catalog option if he has an extra catalog,
and --nostd option if he doesn't want these standard places. Everything
is free to the user, but the default is not to type anything)

> The command typed would be huge and subject to typing errors. I don't
> think it's a good approach...

See above.
--
Eric Bischoff  -  Documentation and Localization
Caldera (Deutschland) GmbH - Linux for Business!