RE: Evolution of the DocBook tools

Please, mail the list when that list is online, I'm enjoying this
discussion.

[snip]
> Which programs don't recognize the CATALOG keyword? Jade and OpenJade
> work with no problems. Programs that don't work aren't in accordance
> with the specifications. Should we support them or "brake" them and
> make the author improve their programs?

I'd break them, but I'm just a mean nasty guy...

> The problem with "iso-entities" is that some stylesheets refer to them
> on it's catalog. Making a patch in a packaged distribution (RPM, deb,
> etc.) is easy, but I don't know if it's good in a plain .tar.gz
> distribution (of course, a note saying that files were modified and
> the like would be enough).

When everything gets hashed out, just make a .tar.gz.  I'm quite sure that
we can get a .spec file written for RPMs, either by myself or somebody who's
better at it.  debs should be easy to make from there.
	Greg
Sun Hardware Reference Maintainer
http://sun-ref.sunhelp.org/