Re: [Fwd: Evolution of the DocBook tools]

* Eric Bischoff <ebisch@cybercable.tm.fr> wrote:
> Your message shows, if it was necessary, that each
> distribution is doing a different thing, and that we have to
> agree on common directory names and file names.

I couldn't agree more.

There is another possible approach: A defined interface instead of a
defined directory layout. So every distribution could use their own
directories and filenames, but the interface stays the same. And some
options to query the actual locations would allow other applications to
find the location of the catalog and such. This would also work for
FreeBSD, Solaris or whatever. Waiting for all Linux distributions and
other Unix-Systems implement a common directory layout might take a long
time, but an interface has just to be ported.

        Jochem

PS: Jorge - if the new list barfs and you find a message of me causing
this, please drop me a line. I've sent out the announcement with a lot
of Cc's, maybe some server in between has done funny things to it. Or I
was too tired to do it right.