Re: tei-lite DTD?

    Jonathan> Hi everybody, Is there anyone out there using the TEI
    Jonathan> tei-lite DTD?  I'm trying to make it work with all of
    Jonathan> the bits and pieces that I already have from
    Jonathan> docbook-tools.  Perhaps instead I should ask on the TEI
    Jonathan> mailing list if anyone is using docbook-tools.

:-) Maybe.  I would suggest that for now you use "jade" (from our
distribution) with its own flags to point to your DTD and stylesheets.

    Jonathan> I want to mark up short stories, novels, poems, essays.
    Jonathan> I suppose I could hack DocBook to leave out section
    Jonathan> headers and other unwanted items, but that isn't really
    Jonathan> "kosher" and DocBook does not have some of the features
    Jonathan> that I would want, especially for marking up poetry.

I agree that DocBook would not do well for that, and it would violate
the spirit of SGML.

I think tha the DocBook tools project should consider this issue (of
DTDs for non-technical use) because it would be nice for people to use
the same tools and types of scripts for DocBook and for
poetry/fiction/whatever

Does anyone (Norm?) know much about these more "casual" DTDs?