Re: Where, what and how - The future of DocBook

> That said, you have been a good advocate for emacs/psgml (and so was my
> partner in the project) so I will probably try it next time, but I don't
> regret for a moment doing my first DocBook project this simple and
> straightforward way. I seem to learn the best if I solve problems with
> low-end tools to start, and then move on up to more sophisticated tools
> later on.  YMMV, of course.

I dove into psgml when I first started writing, and it was a really nice
learning tool, especially combined with the templates that the GNOME Doc
Project has.  I've since become one of the most knowledgeable docbook
people actively involved in that project.

> This has been an interesting discussion about methods and perhaps even
> valuable as well, but I sure wish I could get as quick a response on this
> list to the practical problem of Cygnus pdfjadetex not working in the
> latest release.

I've gotten around this the easy way, I don't use pdfjadetex.  Instead,
I use a tool called htmldoc, which convers from HTML to PS/PDF, and does
a VERY nice job at it.  The only thing that's missing is that it doesn't
convert the external (href) hyperlinks to something useful along the
way.  I can do this with jade, but jade is slow.

    Greg