Re: .pdf generation error using the "newer" tools

Le Mercredi 13 Décembre 2000 10:32, vous avez écrit :
> Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> writes:
> > On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 12:57:41PM +0100, Eric Bischoff wrote:
> > > - The 4.1 DTD in SGML and XML versions
> > > - The 1.59 style sheets
> > > - Jadetex version 2.20
> > > Which versions does RedHat provide currently?
> >
> > 3.1(!) DTD, 1.57 stylesheets, openjade 1.3.
>
> BTW: Is it planned for the "new-trials" packages to move from
> jade-1.2.1 to openjade-1.3?

I haven't the time for this right now. If someone wants to do it, then fine,
he can send me the resulting source package, and I will integrate it to the
others (we will need a Provide: virtual capability to be able to use
indifferently one or the other package) but I won't do it.

> The compiler in RedHat 7 does not compile jade-1.2.1 out of the box
> and I double the official gcc-3 will, when it is
> realeased. Historcially newer versions of gcc have always broken the
> out of the box compilation for jade.

It compiles out of the box on my LinuxPPC. For Caldera, I had to do a patch
against gcc, that's true, but now it works. Another solution would be to test
this patch on a vanilla RedHat. Volunteers please mail in private.

--
Éric Bischoff  -  Documentation and Localization
Caldera (Deutschland) GmbH - Linux for eBusiness