Re: Any luck with DocBook/SGML 3.1 with Red Hat 7.3?

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Peter Toft wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Tim Waugh wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 10:47:57PM +0200, Peter Toft wrote:
> >
> > > Acknowledged!
> > > What is the simplest way to set the
> > > %use-id-as-filename% to true then? I do not know how to
> > > make a custom stylesheet (yet).
> >
> > Other than a custom stylesheet, use '-V %use-id-as-filename%'.  The -V
> > option was added to docbook-utils in 0.6.10. (It just gets passed
> > through to openjade.)
> >
> > Tim.
>
> While we are at it....
>
> Assume that I have a set of these variables that I want
> to change - some could be common, some HTML-specific
> others print-specific. I suppose that there is a way
> that I could have a local "stylesheet" where I set e.g.
>   %use-id-as-filename% to t
>   %stylesheet% "/mystylesheet.css"
>   %paper-type% "A4"
> Is this possible - how - can it be be done?

I guess you like to customize your output a bit to match your site as
well. All of this can be done.

I actually described that paces it took me to get things going. And I use
it to bend the html output a lot to fit into different sites.
Just compare these two links created from the same SGML DocBook source:
http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/docs/Nessus-FAQ.html
http://www.nessus.org/doc/faq.html

The steps I took are written down on:
http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/docs-docbook.cms

I hope that helps.

Hugo.

--
All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/