Re: FAQs and suchlike

Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk> writes:

> I'd welcome your thoughts on the first few chapters of
>
>     http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/docproj-primer/index.html

It's an excellent job, definately one of the best intros out there.

BTW, I wonder if you are making efforts to get some of your stylesheet
modifications included upstream?  You do a lot of stuff in your
stylesheets which should be stock.  I include some examples below...
I don't see any reasons why the examples below shouldn't be folded
into docbook-stylesheets as it ships from Norm...

      (define %indent-programlisting-lines%
        "    ")

      (define %indent-screen-lines%
        "    ")

      (element sgmltag ($mono-seq$
          (make sequence
            (literal "<")
            (process-children)
            (literal ">"))))

      (element command ($mono-seq$))

      (element application ($bold-seq$))

      <!-- Default to labelling Q/A with Q: and A: -->

      (define (qanda-defaultlabel)
        (normalize "qanda"))

      <!-- For the HTML version, display the questions in a bigger, bolder
           font. -->

      <![ %output.html [
      (element question
        (let* ((chlist   (children (current-node)))
               (firstch  (node-list-first chlist))
               (restch   (node-list-rest chlist)))
               (make element gi: "DIV"
                     attributes: (list (list "CLASS" (gi)))
                     (make element gi: "P"
                           (make element gi: "BIG"
                                 (make element gi: "A"
                                       attributes: (list
                                                   (list "NAME" (element-id)))
                                       (empty-sosofo))
                                 (make element gi: "B"
                                       (literal (question-answer-label
                                                (current-node)) " ")
                                       (process-node-list (children firstch)))))
                    (process-node-list restch))))
      ]]>