Re: looking for Framemaker -> SGML DocBook DTD (and DkBk -> Fmk) free tools

Bjørn Remseth <rmz@dunk.follo.net> writes:

> The support for DocBook in FrameMaker+SGML is really bad, it's only for an
> outdated version (2.something).  What's there is pretty much useless for
> DocBook 3.*. I tried (and a few FrameMaker experts from the Adobe's
> Norwegian representatives helped me) to get a DocBook 3.1 document into
> Framemaker, but it was very very hard, and eventually we gave up.

Check out

  ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/docbook-tools/docware/framemaker

Last time I tried it, it supported most of DocBook 3.0.  The output
may need some adjustment, but the tags and rules are present.  A
better place to start from than the outdated 2.something.

 Thomas André Berger               Open Systems Computing a.s
 email: thomasbe@osc.no            Kongensgt. 9, N-0153 Oslo, Norway
                                   phone +47 2331 4758, fax +47 2220 0285
   Visit us at Comdex in Las Vegas, Nov. 15th-19th, Booth LSC75
   Visit us at SEG in Houston, Oct. 31st - Nov. 4th, Booth 438