Re: Displaying <legalnotice> when it is in a <artheader>?

/ Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> was heard to say:
| Apparently, the Modular Stylesheets do not display the <legalnotice>
| when it is in the <artheader> of an <article> (in TeX and HTML output).
|
| Specific question: what could I put in my custom stylesheet to display
| it? It does not seem documented.

Yeah, documentation isn't a strong point in the stylesheets.

If you look in dbttlpg.dsl, you'll see that each of the environments
has a list which controls what elements are formatted:

(define (article-titlepage-recto-elements)
  (list (normalize "title")
	(normalize "subtitle")
	(normalize "corpauthor")
	(normalize "authorgroup")
	(normalize "author")
	(normalize "releaseinfo")
	(normalize "copyright")
	(normalize "pubdate")
	(normalize "revhistory")
	(normalize "abstract")))

(define (article-titlepage-verso-elements)
  '())

If you add legalnotice to that list in your customization layer,
legal notices will be formatted.

| General question: it is common for some elements to be hidden in some
| contexts (like the <citetitle> in a <biblioentry>, see my message on
| "Web servers in <bibliography>?"). Is there a general way to display
| them?

No, it's not common in general. But in title pages and bibliographies,
it's not uncommon for the wrappers to contain more info than you want
formatted, so these are handled specially.

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Debugging is 99% complete most of
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | the time--Fred Brooks, jr.
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    |