Re: styleheets

Nik Clayton wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 28, 1999 at 11:19:27AM +0100, Guillaume Rouchy wrote:
> > > You can build pdftex and pdfjadetex as well (teTeX builds pdftex as
> > > standard, and the Makefiles for JadeTeX build pdfjaetex).  You can then
> > > run
> > >
> > >     pdftex "&pdfjadetex" <filename>.tex
> > >
> > > and get a PDF file complete with all the internal links working.
> >
> > This sounds very stupid but I am very confused :
> > I manage to get the jadetex and pdfjadetex macros and make them work with
> > calls to tex or pdftex but how can you get the  jadetex or pdfjadetex
> > executables that are used sometimes ?!?!
>
> Sorry, it's my message that's confusing.  There's no "pdfjadetex"
> executable, just "pdftex", with the "&pdfjadetex" package specified on
> the command line.

Sorry, but there is a pdfjadetex executable. I'm using Debian with
Jadetex. And I try to translate the PHP manual
(http://www.php.net/manual) into PDF. So I translated it first to TeX.
The next step would be to use 'pdfjadetex manual.tex', but pdfjadetex
stops after 720 pages (the whole PHP manual have now over 1000 pages)
with the famous TeX error message "Sorry, TeX capacity exceeded".

Trying it with Red Hat, is even more painfull. Another TeX error message
stops pdfjadetex after 50 pages. But on both distributions it have to do
with the "Sorry, TeX capacity exceeded" error message.

I have now glue how to increase TeX buffers. I have started to increase
single buffers in the file /etc/texmf.cnf and made it available to TeX
with 'tex -ini latex.ltx'. After that procedure I get really some more
pages. But I don't get the remaining 282 pages. The PDF is broken, so I
can not watch the first pages.

Sure I have tried this with some smaller documentation, especially with
the PostgreSQL Tutorial and it works.

-Egon