Re: DAVENPORT: Three more Questions.

/ Daniel Kuendgen <kuendgen@r-tec.net> was heard to say:
| Ok there are three more things I would like to no.

How are you publishing your documents? With my DSSSL stylesheets?

| 1. How can I change colours (background and writing)

You can set the attributes used on the BODY tag:

(define %body-attr%
  (list
   (list "BGCOLOR" "#FFFFFF")
   (list "TEXT" "#000000")
   (list "LINK" "#0000FF")
   (list "VLINK" "#840084")
   (list "ALINK" "#0000FF")))

| 2. How can I choose a Position where a certain for example picture should
| stand. At the moment they always are at the left side ot the document. But
| what if i would like to center the pic and perhaps write something left of
| it and not under it.

There aren't enough attributes in DocBook to handle all the possibilities
in HTML, so I created an imagelib extension to do the job. See the
documentation at http://nwalsh.com/docbook/dsssl/

| 3. How can i change the fonts typ. tried it with <font> text  </font> like
| in Linux System but that doesnt work any more.

DocBook uses semantic, not presentational markup. You should tag
your documents based on what the items in your document are and
then adjust the stylesheet to present them in the way you
want. This assures that your presentation is consistent while
making your documents more generally useful (for other sorts of
queries, for example).

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Imagine if every Thursday your
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | shoes exploded if you tied them
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | the usual way. This happens to us