Re: DAVENPORT: One question

Rafael Jesus Alcantara Perez <ralcan@vnet.es> writes:

> I have been using DocBook for a while, and I have found it very
> useful. Besides that, I have a question: I use the tag 'emphasis',
> but I would like to have bold-italic or, at least, bold fonts. Do I
> have missed the proper tag?

This is a styling issue, not a DocBook issue per se.  See the
documentation with whatever you are using to style your text.

SGML and XML are all about the logical markup of text.  As such,
issues of styling such as these fall below the radar, as it were, or
should at least.  The idea is that you logically structure your
document at an appropriate level, and then later you can produce
whatever formatted output from it you want, and change that formatting
consistently without having to retag your text.