Re: DAVENPORT: sgml2latex for docbook?

    >> I don't know of an sgml to readily edited latex2e filter, but
    >> thanks to the work of James Clark, Norman Walsh, David
    >> Megginson, Sebastian Rahtz, Kathleen Marszalek, and unnamed
    >> others, you can use jade[1], dsssl docbook stylesheets[2], and
    >> jadetex[3] to produce good looking dvi files.

    eugenia> Yes, I know them, but I need to apply some LaTeX2e styles
    eugenia> to the sgml document, and I can't do it on dvi files...

    eugenia> thanks anyway :-)

Actually you *can* edit the result of running jade with the TeX back
end before you run jadetex on it.

The TeX file is quite ugly, and you would need to help yourself with
some on-the-fly scripting.

But it sounds to me like you should really be editing the DSSSL
stylesheets to generate the style you want.

Is this for your thesis?