Re: DAVENPORT: sgml2latex for docbook?

Jochen Hein <jochen@jochen.org> writes:

> All problems I had with tables are fixed by now.  Thanks to Norm and
> a new jadetex version.

I still experience trouble with tables.  I use JadeTeX 1999/06/29
(2.7) and openjade 1.3. and Norms stylesheets (1.40) for docbook.

My table cells have trouble with the left margin after a line break.
The text on the next line is squeezed to the left, into the separator.
It looks something like this:

   ----------------------------------
   |         |                      |
   | Ok Text | Text that runs over  |
   |         |more than one line.   |
   |         |                      |
   ----------------------------------

As you see. There is space missing in front of the word: "more".  The
contents has alignment "left".

This may be a related problem:

  A cell with two words and alignment "center" breaks strangely:

   ----------------------------------
   |         |                      |
   |     Long| Text that runs over  |
   |words    |more than one line.   |
   |         |                      |
   ----------------------------------

Also, I have experienced trouble with long screen listings (long
litteral layouts) within examples.  The listing covers more than one
page, and jadetex puts it on one side, making the text go way below
the footer where the page numer is.  I think it has something to do
with examples beeing floats?  I am correct?  TeX complains like this:

  LaTeX Warning: Float too large for page by 216.3975pt on input line
  11745.

Is there something I can do to help produce better output in these
situations?

--
 Thomas A. Berger