DAVENPORT: Generating an index and printing with jadetex

I have something like the following:

<sect1>
        <title>Titel</title>

I do use Norm's stylesheets and his collateindex.pl.  The DVI-file has
a '?' instead of a page number in the index.  Iff I rewrite the text

<sect1 id="some-id">
        <title>Titel</title>

The index shows page numbers as expected.  Is it really neccessary to
add id-attributes to every section to get a useful index?

Jochen

--
We're showing progress.  Things are getting worse at a slower rate.