Re: DAVENPORT: Navigation footers and HTML 4

    Norm> Be aware that there's a nasty problem lurking here. You
    Norm> can't put block things (like UL's) in paras in HTML 4.0, but
    Norm> you can in DocBook.  So if you say

    Norm> <para>...<itemizedlist>...</itemizedlist>...</para>

    Norm> You'll get

    Norm> in the HTML output. Which isn't valid HTML 4.0. I really
    Norm> don't know what to do about this. (One possibility which has
    Norm> sorely tempted me on more than one occasion is to output
    Norm> empty <p>'s for <para> and let tag minimization fill in the
    Norm> details.)

Wow! That is something to watch out for. Thanks for the warning. I'm
fairly new at this, but if I come up with any useful ideas on how to
handle it, you can bet that I'll pass them along.

Kent

--
Kent E. Holsinger                Kent@Darwin.EEB.UConn.Edu
                                 http://darwin.eeb.uconn.edu