DAVENPORT: Re: Maintaing documents for multiple languages

peter elliott <axit@inet.net.nz> writes:

|   um i might be totally wrong here but from what little i've picked up
|   here and there isn't Hytime usable for that type of thing?

I only glanced at HyTime at times...

Question: are HyTime applications available for evaluation?  Sorry, I'm
an ignorant in this area...

|   Or has it just faded out and been replaced/superceded by things like
|   the evolving xlink/xpointer standards?

AFAIK, HyTime is superior and it's an standard (ISO/IEC 10744:1997)!
But the x-things are hyped these days...  The new x-drafts are partially
based on the engineering and ideas done by the HyTime developers (I'm
told).

|   Anyway the cover site may be of help here, surely?
|   http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/
|   {but i guess you already know that one :o)
|   }

Yes and no ;-)

--
                                             work   :        ke@suse.de