DOCBOOK: Re: DAVENPORT: psgml in emacs-20.3 question

> Well, that all sounds a little over my head.  I use psgml, but I had to add
> a line in my .cshrc file (I beleive that's a unix file) so, my emacs knew
> where to find the catalog file.  (I know, so much indirection; it can make
> a person dizzy)  Anyhow, I had the same exact problem you have --and that
> was the fix for me.  Something in your system is simply not finding the DTD.

The easiest one is to follow the psgml advice,
as per the psgml documentation,
and tell emacs/psgml where to find the catalog.

put this in your .emacs file
(setq sgml-catalog-files '("path/to/your/catalog"))

This can be found by typing, in emacs
C-x C-f ~/.emacs

that will find (or create) the .emacs file.

HTH DaveP
(who similarly suffered with catalogs a year ago)