Xref

Warning - my knowledge of docbook is superficial. I'm am desperately awaiting
Norm's book.

I am struggling to get cross references or links to a cmdsynopsis. I want a
list, of the commands, that I can click on and be taken to the synopsis.
Norm's examples work for equations and figures and such like, but I can't get it
to work with cmdsynopsis. I thought maybe it was because it didn't have a title
element so I put in a formalpara and tried to xref to that, no dice. I couldn't
get endTerm and XRefLabel to work either.
In the end I changed over to using link elements rather than xref but clicking
on them always goes to the top of the document.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book
  PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBk XML V3.1.5"
  "/usr/local/dtd/docbookx/docbookx.dtd">
<book id="book">
<chapter >
<title id="chaptertitle">Links to Scripts and Commands</title>
    <simplelist type="vert">
      <member><xref linkend="chartLift4"
endTerm="chartLift4">chartLift4.pl</xref></member>
    </simplelist>
  </chapter>
<chapter id="chapter">
<title>Reference</title>
    <formalpara>
      <title id="chartLift4" XRefLabel="chartLift4">ChartLift4.pl - </title>
      <para>This perl script takes a ".int" file and generates a ten decile
lift chart.</para>
    </formalpara>
<cmdsynopsis>
<command>chartLift4.pl</command>
<arg>int_filename(without .int extension)</arg>
</cmdsynopsis>
  </chapter>
</book>

I'm using version 0.5 of xp, well that what the index.html says