Re: DSSSL-Processing of 'Revision'

"Michael Wiedmann" <michael.wiedmann@detewe.de> writes:

> Norman Walsh wrote:
> > It's a bug in JadeTeX. It doesn't do the right thing with the table.

> I will discuss this with Sebastian Rahtz on the pdftex ML next year...
>
> Poking around in several books I found some hints about all the possible
> values for a DSSSL table and tried the following:
> If I create a customized driver (following the example in your really
> excellent book!) adding a line like:
>
> cell-before-column-margin: 6pt
>
> or
>
> cell-after-column-margin: 6pt
>
> to the part "make table-cell" at the appropriate places I get a more
> readable PDF output with some space between the table-cells.
> This is a workaround, but at least it works for me.

A better workaround would be to hack the stylesheet itself, and
conditionally set this parameter.  For instance, I made a patch in
print/dbtable.dsl for Norm that added:

(define %cals-cell-before-column-margin%
  (cond ((equal? (print-backend) 'tex)
         0pt)
        (else
         3pt)))

I would appreciate it if you would work out the patch (although Norm
seems to prefer snippets to patches) so that all DocBook Stylesheet
users would benefit from your discovery.