Re: Quick Questions..

Hello Eliot,

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Eliot Landrum wrote:
> The other questions is really for the project I'm working on. We would
> like to have our documents all one page instead of spread out across
> several .html files. With LinuxDoc we would just do sgml2html -s 0
> file.sgml and it would put out a nice file.html with all of the content on
> one page. With DocBook and Jade I haven't been able to figure out many
> options for the output file.

You have to derive an own stylesheet and modify it according to the docs
coming with the modular docbook stylesheets. Use the following as your
stylesheet for jade (jade -t sgml -d the-following-stylesheet) and it
should give you a single html-page as output without any chunks:

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" [
<!ENTITY dbstyle PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook HTML
Stylesheet//EN" CDATA DSSSL>
]>
;; your stuff goes here...
(define nochunks #t) ;; for one big single html output file
<external-specification id="docbook" document="dbstyle">

There are lots of other defines, all quite well documented. So you can
tweak almost anything. It's just until you found the one you're searching
for ;-)

> Thanks all for the help! DocBook looks very exciting!

That's what I think, too. I am right now beginning to write my second
seminar at the university using docbook with Norm's modular stylesheets.
Thanx to all of you out there, making this possible!

Steffen Maier.