Re: Quick Questions..

On 10-Jan-00, 06:48 (CST), Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> wrote:
> On Sunday 9 January 2000, at 14 h 10, the keyboard of Eliot Landrum
> <eliot@landrum.cx> wrote:
>
> > ><BODY
> >
> > I know it is just a minor thing to pick at, but that is some nasty looking
> > HTML.
>
> This is jade (hint: it is done to avoid lines that are too long). This
> is perfectly standard and all browsers accept it.

I'll point out that Microsoft's HTML Help Workshop (don't ask) does not,
especially if you try to autogenerate a TOC from the headers. Being an
MS product, the error messages it gives are not at all useful.

There is a program called 'tidy' that will clean up and reformat
the jade's html output into something readable. Grab it from
http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/. (If you're running Debian
GNU/Linux, it's already packaged: 'apt-get install tidy' does the
trick).

Regards,
Steve

--
Steve Greenland         |        /"\        ASCII ribbon campaign
Ellipsys, Inc.          |        \ /          against HTML email